Thursday, January 13, 2022

QBP #178 - Eternity Smith 3

Quarter-Bin Podcast #178

Eternity Smith #3, Hero Comics, cover-dated November 1987.

"Death Masque," and "The Threat of the Sensuous Siren," both written by Dennis Mallonee, with art by Rick Hoberg & E.R. Cruz.

What happens when a terrorist plots to take out the San Diego Comic-Con? Can a time-traveling action hero and his daughter save the Con?

Listen to the episode and find out!

Click on the player below to listen to the episode:

 

Right-click to download episode directly

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed. 

Promo: What the Frell?

Link to Eternity Smith Print-on-Demand comics.

Next Episode: Vision & Scarlet Witch #1, Marvel Comics, cover-dated October 1985, for #RomanceComicsMonth

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com 

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/relativelygeeky

You can follow the network on Twitter @Relatively_Geek and the host @ProfessorAlan

Source:Dave's Comics in Richmond, Virginia, circa 1987 or 1988.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have much to say about this comic in particular. I will say that I was also of a similar age when I started to branch into independent sci-fi books. For me it was American Flagg for the win.

    But I do have a lot to say about cons. Like you, my first cons were more like trade shows, usually at a Howard Johnson motel. It was at one of these where I learned about 'back issues'. I never thought in my mind you could get older comics. I just assumed they left the newstand and got pulped. How odd to think that way these days?

    Real conventions are really a recent phenomenon for me. When I moved to the Boston area I suddenly had access to smaller cons in Boston city (usually with 1 or 2 creators), nearby New Hampshire, and even ones in RI. Boston Comic Con and Terrificon grew is size in prominence. And I went to as many as I could.

    I love shows, big or small, just to meet creators I love, hang with friends I know, and even shop. They really are joyous to me.

    And yes, there are usually cheap books too!

    Hope to see you in person at one of these one day Prof!

    ReplyDelete