Friday, October 1, 2021

CRJ #076 - September 2021

Professor Alan's Comic Book Reading Journal #076

September 2021

So what comics did Professor Alan read during September, the first full month of the new school year? How many were falling apart? And how many celebrated #FantasyComicsMonth? Listen to the episode AND FIND OUT!!!

Click on the player below to listen to the episode:



 

Right-click to download episode directly

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed. 

Promo: The RaD Adventures Network

Link: Dr Anj's story of chatting with Ron Marz

Next Episode: What comics did Professor Alan read during October -- as teaching is back in full swing? Listen to the next episode, which should be out in early November.

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/relativelygeeky 

You can follow the network Twitter @Relatively_Geek or the host @ProfessorAlan

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a new Comic Reading Journal! But I was appalled that I never gave any feedback on the previous episode. A Jack Kirby special? I’m there. Except I wasn’t. I think the episode must have dropped while I was on a cruise last month… the WiFi is so terrible, a show appears, then blips away. And I forget. Oh well, now I have a great show to enjoy.

    As for the September reading, I’m glad you enjoyed the Atlantis Chronicles… I finally decided to buy the lot in a ComiXology sale a few years ago, and managed a whole issue. It’s very pretty, and I imagine very well worked in terms of narrative themes and characters, but I found it really boring. Pretty though. Pretty boring. Also, so much lank, wet hair.

    I adore Gil Kane’s art, and the shock of Jean Loring’s cheating grabbed me, but then it was all titchy barbarians. What’s the point of the Atom when he spends all his time at the same size as everyone else in the book? And wears a loincloth over a full body suit. And rides FROGS. When have frogs ever been intimidating? Well, outside of PLOP! Give me Power of the Atom any day.

    I once read an issue of Elfquest…

    Maybe fantasy books aren’t my thing. I did enjoy Conan under JM DeMatteis, and Bruce Jones’s Ka-Zar.

    CGI backgrounds and mixed media backgrounds, didn’t Shatter have them? Mind, that had computer foregrounds too, if the comic you read (Pathfinder?) was regular art but CGI backgrounds only, that sounds most distracting.

    Weirdly, I was reading Wonder Woman #10 only a couple of days back, after the Saturnians returned in the Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary Special. I rather like the original Count Mephisto Saturno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are NOT obligated to comment on every episode, please understand that. You deserve a vacation, including a vacation from commenting on these shows!!!

      I understand that some of these genre months will bring joy and excitement to some of my friends, and will bring ??? and meh to others.

      That being said, Atlantis Chronicles did indeed move with the pace of 638-page novel.

      Delete