Thursday, April 13, 2023

QBP #191 - Nightwing 128

Quarter-Bin Podcast #191

Nightwing 128, DC Comics, cover-dated March 2007.

"Targets, Part Four," by Marv Wolfman, with art by Dan Jurgens, Norm Rapmund, & Rodney Ramos.

What happens when Professor Alan prese

Listen to the episode and find out! 

Click on the player below to listen to the episode:


 

Right-click to download episode directly

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed. 

Promo: The Law of Equivalent Exchange

Next Episode: Shazam! 26, DC Comics, cover-dated December 1976.

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com 

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/relativelygeeky

You can follow the network on Twitter @Relatively_Geek and the host @ProfessorAlan

Source: Half-Price Books

2 comments:

  1. Interesting commentary on this issue Professor.

    This probably isn't exactly what you were talking about but it sounds like you were talking about doing things which center you, or ground you, or give you some Zen.

    My work life keeps me very busy and it takes two forms -admin work mostly around IT in the hospital and clinical care, seeing patients. Both can be very stressful. More recently, I have been through some divorce issues which also ramped things up.

    As a result, I have found some degree of peace in doing all sorts of things, each with a different sort of grounding.

    Hiking, most often alone, helps clear my head of the cobwebs and gives me some commune.
    Cooking and baking allows me to create meals and share them with friends, family, and loved ones.
    Writing about comics, and guesting on podcasts, allows me to be more creative than work allows.

    But the most zen I get is, wait for it, ironing shirts. There is a pile of rumply shirts then there are crisp hangered shirts. Physical, palpable, and almost formulaic.

    When I iron, I repeat the Zen koan - first there is a mountain (the pile of shirts), then there is no mountain (the pile is gone), then there is a mountain (the hanging ironed shirts).

    Don't know if I quite captured your ideas but figured I'd share anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it. and it sounds like you have found a number of ways to balance out the effects of a very stressful job. And yes, zen is another way to say a similar thing.

      I don't iron myself, but I totally get that. For me, that manifests in arranging or organizing, putting away clothes, even doing a jigsaw puzzles. Those are all about making order out of chaos.

      Delete