Friday, September 2, 2022

CRJ #087 - August 2022


Professor Alan's Comic Book Reading Journal #087

August 2022

So what comics did Professor Alan read last month? How many were part of #JackKirbyMonth? How many were based on the back-to-school calendar? How many were just ... you know, regular old comic books? Listen to the episode AND FIND OUT!!!

 Click on the player below to listen to the episode:



 

Right-click to download episode directly

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed. 

Promo: Palace of Glittering Delights

Next Episode: What comics did Professor Alan read during September -- how many will be for #FantasyKirbyMonth? Listen to the next episode, which should be out in early October.

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/relativelygeeky 

You can follow the network Twitter @Relatively_Geek or the host @ProfessorAlan

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great month. Was hoping the Manhunter issue of First Issue Special might have crossed your Kirby path given my insane trip into Leviathan Land a few years back.

    My love of Kirby's DC stuff has grown over the last decade or so. I'm now a proud owner of all the Demon issues. And I am pecking away at the Mister Miracle stuff. But like you Kamandi has always been a little out of reach. And OMAC #1 was a bit too heady for me to seek out more.

    But the real reason to comment was your discussion of SSoSV !! So glad I sent you that book. For one, I love how that made you love Copperhead. I have an odd love of The Warlock of Ys because as a kid I read his appearance in the 'Zatanna joins the JLA' issue and thought he was a big deal. But mostly, the SSoSV series is where I first discovered The Creeper beginning a lifelong love of that character and his bizarreness.

    Looking forward to Adventure month. I always recommend DC's Beowulf so I will again here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SSoSV was probably the issue that had me most excited -- and issues seem to be being added to the app!

      Delete