Monday, April 4, 2022

CRJ #082 - March 2022

Professor Alan's Comic Book Reading Journal #082

March 2022

So what comics did Professor Alan read during March, as the weather bounced back and forth between Winter & Spring? And how many celebrated #GlobalComicsMonth? Listen to the episode AND FIND OUT!!!

Click on the player below to listen to the episode:



 

Right-click to download episode directly

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed. 

Promo: Once Upon a Geek

Next Episode: What comics did Professor Alan read during April -- how many will be for #HumorComicsMonth? Listen to the next episode, which should be out in early May.

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/relativelygeeky 

You can follow the network Twitter @Relatively_Geek or the host @ProfessorAlan

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another fun month with a lot of books I haven't read (or even heard of).

    I will give you two quick Anj 'foreign comic month' stories.

    1) Whenever a friend is traveling abroad, I always ask them to buy me a comic (should they see one on their way, no special trip). As a result, I have a near filled short box of books in foreign languages, some of which I have in the English original to scan back and forth. Best one is a Crisis on Infinite Earths trade in Japanese.

    2) The first time I made this request was of my parents when they were going to England when I was a kid. They came home with an Asterix book. I loved it and read it over and over. Back then, the only place I could find them was in a little book store the family would visit annually on a day trip to go Christmas shopping at outlets. Over the years I bought several more. I love them and should probably try to seek out even more now that they will be easy to find on-line. Glad you rediscovered them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) That is awesome. I went to Europe in 11th grade, and picked up a pair of digests in French, one Flash and one of Batman. Can't read either one.

      2) LOVE LOVE LOVE Asterix! I wonder if our joint love of puns is related (cause or effect?) of our reading of Asterix.

      Delete