How did Kirk become such a big fan of Westerns? Which Western characters are his favorite? And why does the Professor rank so high on Kirk's wife's list of his friends?
Listen to the episode ... and FIND OUT!!!
Click on the player below to listen to the episode:
Right-click to download episode directly
Promo:The Fanholes Podcast
Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com
You can follow the network on Twitter @Relatively_Geek and Professor Alan @ProfessorAlan
You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed.

Another fun month review. I somehow always miss the early notifications so can't tell you my favorites beforehand.
ReplyDeleteI have never been a big Western Comic guy. When looking in my collection I did get the Jonah Hex Vertigo mini-series by Joe Lansdale/Tim Truman and liked that Western Horror mix. I also got the Jimmy Palmiotti Jonah Hex series from the early 2000s and enjoyed that a lot. But otherwise, not much.
I do like Western movies. Many of the ones mentioned are on my all time fave westerns - the original Magnificent Seven, Silverado, The Quick and the Dead. For older ones, I like High Noon, especially the format of it happening in real time. Who Shot Liberty Valence is great. And The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Like Kirk Spencer, I found Bone Tomahawk gripping but don't know if I could rewatch. Anna and I 'van-camped' in North Dakota near a mesa that looked quite similar to some of the scenes in that movie and ...well ... suffice it to say I did not sleep well.
For television, I didn't watch much because those repeats were up against cartoons. So The Wild Wild West, The Rifleman, Bonanza all missed me.
That said, Big Valley was on from 10-11 in the morning with no competition so I watched a lot of that show in the summer when I didn't have school. It is how I learned about Barbara Stanwyck and pre-Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors.
Great discussion. Love the monthly forays.
Lansdale & Truman are underrated as Jonah Hex creators. Good series.
DeleteAppreciate you listening and feeding back.