Monday, April 4, 2016

If Only I'd Known

I was reading a comic recently, and ran across this ad for the three-issue prestige-format series from 1990. I covered the series in three episode, just about two years ago.

Book 1: Quarter-Bin Podcast #15
Book 2: Quarter-Bin Podcast #18
Book 3: Quarter-Bin Podcast #21

In the course of those episodes, I discussed how, although I enjoyed parts of the series, the overall arc of Adam Strange's character disturbed me, as did the grimness of the ending.

I wonder if my reactions would have been different had I known that DC had marketed the series by calling it "The Fall of Adam Strange." Knowing not to expect the Silver-Age style of his early adventures may have prepared me for this "darkening" of the character. But of course, had I known that's where the story was going, maybe I never would have picked up the issues.

3 comments:

  1. Great to go over the tips here. It was so informative. Some points described here were new for me and it was really wonderful to go through such informative post. essay writing service reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete