Thursday, September 18, 2014

QBP #034 - Marvel 2-in-1 #52

Quarter-Bin Podcast #34

Marvel Two-in-One #52, Marvel Comics, cover-dated June 1979.

"A Little Knight Music," by Steven Grant, with art by Jim Craig & Pablo Marcos.

The ever-loving blue-eyed Thing and the ever-sorely under-rated Moon Knight team up to take on the brand new villain Crossfire. How does Moon Knight know this man? Can he figure out how to use this knowledge from his past to bring him to his knees? And does Moon Knight really share one of his secret identities with the author of the story? What are the odds of that anyway? Listen to the episode and find out!


Click on the player below to listen to the episode


Right-click to download episode directly 

Promo #1: Alibi Jones
Promo #2: Super Mates

Next Episode: SHAGG'S CHOICE!!!!!

Link: Christopher Ouilette's review of The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Send e-mail feedback to relativelygeeky@gmail.com

You can follow me on twitter @ProfessorAlan

You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed.

2 comments:

  1. MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE is the perfect quarter bin book. Never promising more than solid entertainment, it almost always delivered just that. It was not a book I bought regularly, but growing up if I had extra scratch at the newsstands, it was a book I turned to often. I wish comic fans were interested in series like this nowadays, but it doesn't seem like they are. Great choice for an episode of the show. And I want that cheapjack FF "It's Clobberin' Time" as my ringtone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Rob. I definitely will be looking for more Team-Up style of books. Rarely if ever will they be the "Part 3 of 5" kind of story I dread running into for the podcast. Unfortunately, it's the kind of storytelling that doesn't work with a modern trade paperback focus.

      I do nothing original -- I liberated "It's Clobberin' Time" straight from the Fantasticast podcast trailer. Agree that it would be an excellent ringtone.

      Delete